Saturday, November 26, 2011

craft projects

shewwww its been a busy week.  are you all sick of turkey and stuffing yet?  i think i officially am.

ive been busy making a few projects this past month for my sisters bday.  i had promised to share them once she got her gifts.

I made her an embroidery hoop for her sewing/crafting room.  the fabric represents the fabric we used for our quilts shown HERE from last summer.   (Happy Campers by Moda)


All I did was print out a photo of us onto iron-on transfer and put it on linen. added the fabric banner and it was done.   EASY PEASY!

then i made her a bag with hometown canvas by sweetwater with some corduroy.  adorable!  I even cut into the middle of my yardage to make sure her town was on the bag.  ya, im that nice.

She even got a cottage pincushion .  here is a link for the blog/tutorial.  its a super simple design.  you can make it fun and wonky too with fabrics from your scrap bin. 


My sister flew in for the holidays and what a fun thanksgiving weekend we had!!!  lots of food and laughs, just how i like it!  she loaded up her new bag and even left one behind she had made and used on the plane. 

we even braved the crowds and did some shopping. (which i NEVER do)   can i just say WOW Joanns is scary on black friday.  some GREAT fiskars deals tho!  when we got there at 930am there were over 120 people in line just for cutting!  UFF DA!

do you all brave those crowds for some great deals?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I stopped in later in the day at Hancock Fabrics to pick up some ribbon to finish a Christmas gift but that was the extent of my Black Friday shopping.

Love all the gifts that you made for your sister!

Maria said...

What beautiful gifts you made for your sister.
Don't have Black Friday Sales in Aussie,

Jamie said...

Great projects! I bet she loved them! The hoop is such a thoughtful and fun idea. And what an awesome bag!

This was the first year that I didn't do any Black Friday shopping. And yes, JoAnn's is very scary that day!!! My boys were sick except for the baby. I felt bad for them, but it did save me a little money.